- To reserve a gîte, please email us via [email protected] stating which gîte you are interested in and for which dates. We don’t have set days for arrival and departure as we realise that different airlines fly into nearby airports on different days of the week.
- If we have availability for your chosen week(s) we will confirm this and the price by email and send you a booking form to complete and return to us with a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the agreed price. Payment can be made via bank transfer to the account on the booking form.
- Once the completed booking form and deposit have been received, we will send an email confirming your booking. The balance of the price is payable eight weeks before arrival. For bookings made less than eight weeks before arrival the full price is payable on booking.
- The price for rental of the gîte is per week, including bed linen and towels, water and electricity. The price excludes taxe de séjour, which is a local tourist tax payable by guests at 1€ per person per night for occupants aged 18 and over.
- Cancellations may be made at any time, but any refunds will be subject to the following:
- More than 8 weeks before the starting date – we will refund any payments minus the non-refundable 25% deposit.
- Between 8 and 4 weeks – we will refund 50% of any payments less the deposit. If we can rebook the property we will refund any payment to the level of the subsequent booking, less the deposit.
- Less than 4 weeks – we will only refund any monies paid if we can rebook the property, in which case we will refund any payment to the level of the subsequent booking, less the deposit.
- We don’t ask for a security deposit but do ask that guest inform us promptly of any damage or breakages so that we can arrange repairs or purchase replacement items for future guests. We will ask guests to meet any reasonable costs for damages or breakages.
- We recommend that all guests have comprehensive travel insurance in place, including against delays and cancellations, as we cannot be held responsible for any disruption to your travel arrangements.
- Guests may arrive any time after 3pm on the first day of your stay. We may be ready for you before then but ask that you check well in advance. We ask that you are ready to depart by 11am on the final day of your stay though we will do our best to be flexible, should you have a late flight for example.
- The accommodation is provided for the persons named on the booking form and we ask that you inform us at least one week in advance of your arrival of any changes. The maximum capacity of the property is stated on the booking form and must not be exceeded. You are welcome to entertain guests, but they may not stay overnight unless agreed by us in advance.
- Bassinaud provides a peaceful setting, but we understand that you are on holiday and may want to unwind and relax. In doing so we ask you to take account of other guests and remember that we live here too. We try not to have too many rules but would ask that you be considerate of others in your enjoyment of our spaces, both indoor and out.
- For stays of two weeks or more we are happy to provide a change of bed-linen and towels after each week of your stay. Inside your gîte you will also find a basket with towels for the pool as well as plastic glasses which can be used around the pool. If you are heading off to a beach, either at a nearby lake or at the coast, feel free to take the basket and towels with you.
- We ask guests not to smoke inside the gîtes or by the pool and to be careful when putting out cigarettes and considerate in disposing of them elsewhere on the property. If you would like an ash tray, please ask us.
- Well behaved pets are welcome at Bassinaud though we ask that you inform us at the time of booking if you wish to bring any so we can ensure that the accommodation is suitable. We will ask pet owners to cover the cost of any additional cleaning should this be necessary.
- You are welcome to use the shared swimming pool at any time during the hours of daylight. We will sometimes need to carry out maintenance to the pool but will try and avoid times that inconvenience our guests; if you like an early-morning swim, please let us know! As elsewhere at Bassinaud, we ask that children are supervised at all times and that no child under 16 years is allowed within the pool enclosure at any time without an adult present.
- If there is anything you are unsure about either before or during your stay, please don’t hesitate to ask us. We want to make your stay is as enjoyable as possible but don’t want to intrude on your private space. If you don’t see us around please come and knock on our door… the kettle is always on.
Thank you for choosing to stay at Bassinaud.
Helen & Gideon Seymour